January 14, 2008

What to do with a bookmark when you can't read:

Yesterday, I visited my mom and my brother and his family (the sisterinlaw who gave me the desire to tat). As soon as I walked in the house, my little two-year-old niece caught sight of the little row of tatting I had sewn to the collar of my sweatshirt: "NEAT!" she said!
I took along 12 bookmarks, and told everyone to pick one for their own. Lora was sitting on her mom's lap at the table, and we were all talking about this one and that one.... noone really paying attention to Lora. Soon, she said "Green". She wanted the green one. :)
We laughed, I said it would be awhile before she would be reading, and layed it over her curls. She went off with her green bookmark so happily!
Today I got this photo... her mom had put the bookmark on a hairband... and Lora wanted to wear it all day! :)


Maybe a future tatter????

2 comments:

NormaH said...

What a precious sight! And it does make a great headband!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is so precious!