It is a pattern from a pdf file of Priscilla Tatting Book No. 3 I downloaded from the Antique Pattern Library.
I decided to adapt the pattern to make a 'heart' shape for a bookmark.
>>> I simply began the pattern with a chain instead of the first ring, and and ended with an extra chain, both of which I used my tatting needle to join into the nearest main chain of the motif. I also added several smaller motifs to lengthen the bookmark. Split rings link the bottom one with the heart.
I think I will do the motif/insertation as a bookmark, with maybe five 'medallions'.
I need to learn how to do two-color work.
RULES for MYSELF for the 25 MOTIF CHALLENGE:
- I will alternate between needle tatting and shuttle tatting. So the next motif will be shuttle worked.
- I can do as many in a given month as I want, because I know when spring comes, ranchwork will take all my time.
- I will not give up! I will not forget! I will do 25 motifs!
7 comments:
Congratulations on your first motif for the challenge. It is very good. I can't believe you are new to this and already adapting patterns for your own use. Way to go!
I love the way you modified a traditional pattern to make your heart design. It's beautiful.
Hello, I hadn't been much on the ring recently so I had quite a surprise when you tagged me. I did the tag thing already, but it was a while ago...none-the-less I couldn't think of seven new interesting things about me! I am really sorry.
I love how well you're doing, it's fascinating how everyone's work is different.
This is incredible work for a beginner! And designing already! You obviously have a lot of talent, keep it up!
Your work is beautiful!
You are so creative. I love the adaption, turning it into a bookmark. Think out of the box, as the saying goes. :-)
I know I'm late on this but I just saw your first motif and I LOVE how you've adapted this. Beautiful!
:-) Gina
Post a Comment