January 9, 2008

Motif THREE for the 25 Motif Challenge

This one is needle-tatted, and it was so very simple, and worked up pretty quickly.
I did several 'funny' mistakes ... the silliest one was cutting and tying on the last row and then discovering I needed to make one more ring and chain! ;)


This is the Fan # 10 motif from the Annie's Attic Ultimate Book of Tatted Doilies with 17 needle tatting designs. I am not too sure the booklet is worth a lot, but I found it fairly cheaply on Ebay... most of the designs are quite small. If you look, you will find auctions showing both front and back covers, which show all the patterns I think... not sure I would buy it if I could have flipped through it first. The patterns are nice, but small!

I think this fan would be really eyecatching in a different color... so I am experimenting, both with the pattern and the thread color! :)


5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

The motif is very pretty. I'll have to pull out my copy of the book and look at the pattern.

Debbie S. said...

Hee, hee... I think ALL tatting is pretty! Wouldn't this fan motif look nice in black with little touches of red... sort of like a Spanish lace fan? My mominlaw likes red and dramatic things... so I am waiting for red thread to begin on a 'colorful' version.

Marilee Rockley said...

I think we all make "silly mistakes" even after years of experience. At least I do. Your fan looks great and the color ideas sound exciting.

Tat-a-Renda said...

Mrs John,
In my humble opinion, there are no 'silly mistakes' in tatting. I'd like to think of it as making it slightly different. And if you make the 'mistake' repeatedly, you might just get a new design, LOL.

I love the tassel on your fan.

Shay said...

That is absolutely lovely. I am going to have to get my hands on that book. How gorgeous would that be as abookmark!