Motif Two was shuttle tatted from a pattern in the Priscilla Tatting Book No. 3 (available as download from the Antique Pattern Library), using two colors of shaded #10 crochet thread.
This one was fun to do... although I had a few 'hair-raising' moments at some of the joins.. when my chains all wanted to head off in different directions! Hee, hee!
There are mistakes here, so don't look too closely.... but this pattern was so much fun, I am already thinking of other colors and thread sizes to work this in! :)
I didn't intend to have such a 'bright' pink tassel... so may redo this part before I give it away.
The pattern is Figure 94 in the above book. Here is the pattern, if you are interested, and don't have the Priscilla Tating Book No. 3. I didn't retype the pattern so it is simply a large jpg file you can print.
6 comments:
Very pretty! I'm not sure I could give this one away!
Very nice job. When you are thinking of other colours and thread sizes you may want to consider hand dyed threads, they are amazing.
This turned out very pretty!
Your tatting is beautiful.
This one is very pretty, too! Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Thank you for mentioning the Priscilla Tatting Book #3! I am familiar with the Antique Pattern Library and have downloaded some things from there but for some reason had overlooked this...definitely some things I have to try.
Post a Comment