January 26, 2008

Motif SIX for 25 Motif Challenge

I broke my own 'rules' for this Challenge with Motif Six... by needle-tatting two motifs in a row!
I will make up for this by shuttle-tatting the next two motifs! :)
This is pattern from Aunt Ellen's Tatting Handbook copyright 1982.
I really loved the way this pattern tatted up... so easy to understand and I can think of zillions of color combinations. This one is quick and easy and would make nice gifts.
I am hoping to find small, thin magnets to glue to three point at the top of this butterfly.... TAADAA: a fridge magnet for one sisterinlaw, whose kitchen is in bright blues and bright yellows.
I have found lots of butterfly patterns, so I am sure I will be doing more!
I also discovered my husband's grandmother tatted and crocheted.... and John's mom has several crocheted butterflies she had done. One is a very interesting butterfly as a fridge magnet... and I think the pattern could be duplicated in tatting.... hummmmm.... :)

5 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This pattern did turn out very pretty indeed. Wonderful color combinations!

Tattycat said...

I like the colors and pattern too!

Marilee Rockley said...

Very pretty! What a good idea to make it in colors to match the kitchen of the gift recipient.

Bonnie said...

Oh my, your butterfuly is beautiful!

Toptattyhead said...

Love the colour combination of this little beauty, Debbie.