So, I have been looking for some way to carry the threads and 'work in progress', without getting it dirty or damaged!?! I saw the 'after school' sales on these lunch bags, and for $4, decided it was worth a try!
The zippered compartment in the 'lid' holds my scissors, keeping it's sharp points from tangling in the thread and poking myself as I reach for my shuttle.
The top compartment holds the supplies, and the bottom compartment holds a can of moist towelettes (ranch work is dirty and this insures I can always have clean hands to hold the tatting), plus any extra trash/trimmed ends.

Don't forget a photocopy of your pattern, and a pencil!
So far, the biggest problem is that I forget to take the bag with me!!! :)
2 comments:
I LOVE your tatting bag idea! I am going to go and look for something like this.
Hi Mrs John, And you call ME brave - starting a doily 4 days before entry is due is very brave!! Funny that the pattern has never jumped out at me before - it is in one of my first tatting books - but yours is gorgeous! (Next post down) I nearly always have small projects in my pocket, with a lovely little purse for my hook, chain and scissors. Thanks for dropping by my blog - hope to see you again soon :)
Post a Comment