October 21, 2009

Help Your Community....

... and spread the word about tatting at the same time!!!
Enter your tatting in the local fair or craft show!!!!!

I entered several items in our local county fair this summer....
AND the Adult Ed Program held a TATTING CLASS this fall!!!!
Yippee!!!!

The home arts department in our local fair is shrinking rapidly.... so I plan on doing my part!!! I have begun a 'yarn and hook drive' to encourage crafters and artisans in our area to set aside at least one special project for entry/exhibit at the 2010 county fair in their area!!!! I have spoken at several ladies groups, and will be visiting the last night of the tatting class. I recently had the idea for a brochure-type of flyer and will be posting it on local bulletin boards.
I myself am planning to enter several tatted items in our local county fairs next summer.
Now is the time to begin work!!!!

I am encouraging all to 'share their art' at craft shows and fairs next season.... we have all winter to work!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Wow - Lots of neat stuff in your recent posts! The Workbasket links are fascinating and educational! Amazing research about the history.

Also, loved the 'Tips for Fair Entrants', as I used to enter them myself. Quite amusing! It does seem as if many fairs are closing, which is very sad.

Also good info on the other 'Vintage Antique Books'. I still have a McCall's Needlework mag from 1969 which was published in a LARGE format - like 12" x 10". There is NO counted cross stitch in it, as that wouldn't become popular until the 1980s.

Can't forget the cute kitty! I don't have any pets, but I'm partial to kittys, and often 'babysit' my neighbor's cat when she goes on trips. How are you feeding her? She's a fortunate little kitty to have been rescued by you!