February 12, 2008

Motif SEVEN of the 25 Motif Challenge

This motif was the first using two shuttles... and included rings made with one shuttle within a chain made with both shuttles. The pattern is Figure 21 from the DMC Library of Tatting available as a download from http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/. AGAIN, I had troubles! The second row seemed to 'ruffle' up and so I eventually eliminated a center ring... ending up with a motif with three center rings instead of the four included in the instructions.


Here is a photo of my struggling attempts:


I did send the pattern to Jon... she did such wonders with the other pattern I couldn't get to work correctly! So I decided to 'challenge' her with this one! She did a wonderful job... and after seeing her motifs with this pattern, I printed off her helpful instructions and rewound my shuttles for a second try! I hope to finish it today!!! :)

No comments: