My tatting threads and tub of patterns have been buried in the corner for nearly two years!
Hopefully, I have my priorities straightened out... and tatting is now number four!
I have three patterns, and the thread for them..... and now it is time to get some practice!
In 2008, I felt confident; tatting was relaxing and fun! Any pattern seemed easy to finish, and I added my own creative touches and adaptions. I read tatting blogs and have a nice library of tatting books.
BUT now I feel like a beginner again! I tatted this afternoon, and it took concentration and effort! But, at the end of the hour, I was making smooth chains and straight rings with even picots! ...and only a couple of knots that had to be picked out!!!!
Moving onward! I have bookmark half-done as an exercise to loose up my fingers. Weekend 'morning coffee' will be my time to browse the online world of tatting bloggers! That should be just the motivation/inspiration needed! :)
2 comments:
Reading blogs is a wonderful way to get inspiration! I also find that getting comments from bloggers keeps me posting, which in turn keeps me tatting! Have a wonderful tatting year!
Oh, yes... Thanks!
Just think: a whole new year, with lots of projects ahead!
I'll be watching you! :)
Post a Comment