Boy, am I glad I decided to take an Unique Approach to the '25 Motif Challenge'!!
Maybe I should call it quits!??? The Butterfly project is still in the back of my mind.
Now, to catch up on 2012 and 2013 motifs. I tatted a bookmark in 2014, and gave it away as a gift. I didn't scan the bookmark before giving it away, so it won't be included!
Motifs #5 and 6 were tatted in 2012:
MOTIF #5 is another butterfly from The Complete Book of Tatting (Rebecca Jones)
You can see I came to several points when I wasn't too sure how to proceed!
But this was a fun pattern!
But this was a fun pattern!
MOTIF #6 is a pair of little butterflies
Pattern is Butterfly on a Paper Clip ( 2009 Online Tatting Class)
These turned out very cute.. especially with the size 20 thread!Pattern is Butterfly on a Paper Clip ( 2009 Online Tatting Class)
The butterfly on the left is needle tatted with hand-dyed size 10 thread.
The two-tone butterfly on the right is shuttle tatted with the smaller thread.
Motifs #7 and 8 were tatted in 2013:
MOTIF #7 is an easy butterfly
Sometimes a little simple pattern is fun!
I did another of this pattern in wildly variegated thread and it wasn't large enough to look good.
I think simple motifs look good in either solids or softly variegated threads.
I did another of this pattern in wildly variegated thread and it wasn't large enough to look good.
I think simple motifs look good in either solids or softly variegated threads.
MOTIF #8 is NOT another butterfly!Susan K. Fuller's Heart's Desire (also from Georgia Seitz's site)
These have been 'knocking around' in a drawer... little tidbits of lace should be treated kindly!




2 comments:
What a beautiful array of butterflies! The heart is very pretty, too!
Your butterflies and heart are very pretty. A butterfly display sounds like a good idea. There are so many butterfly patterns out there it could be quite extensive - or not! :-)
Post a Comment