I am beginning the '25 Motif Challenge' completely from the beginning and hopefully, this time I will complete all 25 pieces in one year!
Offical begin date is December 18, 2011.
MOTIF #1 is a Workbasket butterfly--- (May 1983 issue and a link to an online pattern here)
Size 10 Royal thread -- needle tatted
Motif #2 is a doily--- (pattern from A New Twist Twist On Tatting by Catherine Austin)
Size 10 Aunt Lydia thread in Oasis color
I began this doily nearly three years ago, and I loved the way the simple rings and chains looked and I enjoy anything made in this color thread. Somehow, the simplicity of this pattern got lost among all the new techniques I began to learn and the 'fancier' patterns distracted me from completing this doily. I always intended this to be on the little table by my chair, and I can't believe I waited this long to finish it!!!


3 comments:
Better late than never! Your butterfly and doily are beautiful!
Lovely doily and butterfly. Good to see you back. Karen in OR
Beautiful pieces!
Post a Comment