July 30, 2008
Karen's Butterflies
The 'butterfly display' project is moving ahead... thanks to my sisterinlaw Karen! :)
I am adding photos of her butterfly work so far... and I am hoping she will soon have time to come here and edit this post with her comments about these beautiful butterfies!
I believe all were shuttle tatted with 30 or smaller thread?
(I will add the pattern name, if I know it!)
The butterflies above were tatted from patterns in The Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones.
Above is the Adonis Blue-Boy pattern by Roger aka Freedman at the NeedleTattingTwo group.
Above butterfly is also found in the Jones' book mentioned above.
The last butterfly is the Painted Lady butterfly, also by Roger at the NeedleTattingTwo group.
Karen, I actually have one new butterfly completed and another nearly done, so I will get them scanned asap! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Karen made them in such pretty colors. It's good to see you blogging again!
What a beautiful collection of butterflies! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment