It was full of doilies! There were some Irish lace, cluny lace, etc... about which I don't really know much, except that they were unusual!
And there was this pink TATTED doily! It scanned a bit more 'red' rather than 'pretty pink'... and it was a bit too wide to fit on my scanner, but I thought this would show you the pattern. It has such a pretty ruffled edge! There are several places that need to be 'pressed and blocked', and there is one knot showing, but it just made me smile!
PLUS, it only cost $2 dollars!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
How fun for you. I'm glad your shopping trip was so fortuitious. I so LOVE antique shop doily finds! ;)
Okay, here I am finally, sort of! That doily looks like some I have made, but after awhile(15 or more years!) it is hard to remember what I have done in the past. I imagine I will have to take pictures of all the doilies I have at the store so I can share, that is if I can figure out how to get a picture on here!
Later
Pretty doily... only $2? My goodness!
Must have been one of your lucky days! I wish it could happen to me, at least once. The pink doily is lovely. I think the doily is meant to be stiffened at the edges to hold the ruffles in shape while it remain flat from the centre out.
Post a Comment