November 23, 2008

Motif ELEVEN of the 25 Motif Challenge

This is 'Part One' of a hat project, that will feature tatting. My sisterinlaws and I all have cheap Walmart straw hats, but we are 'fancy-ing' them up! Here is the first photo, and there will be at least three different tatting pieces added to the hat during this winter.
Motif 11 is the medallion on the crown. I used Manuela size 20 thread ... and needle tatted the medallion. The pattern is Round #5 from the 'Ultimate Book of Tatted Doilies' by Annie's Attic. It needed to be a bit larger, so I added a round of simple rings and chains.


The hat needs more ... I am adding a piece of rose fabric to the underside of the brim, etc.
As the other bits of tatting are completed and added to the hat, they will be included in my 25 Motif Challenge.

5 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

You have been tatting up a storm...these hats are a really cool idea! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Marilee Rockley said...

Decorating hats with tatting is a really cute idea!

Unknown said...

How cute! It's so good to see you posting again and the hate looks very cute.

Bonnie said...

Cute idea. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Gina said...

Merry Christmas!